The Orphanage in Tuka began in 1958 with 10 children. The founding Fransiscan Sisters were Sr. Martini Greymans, Sr. Consolata Kalimah, Sr. Corona Murtati, and Sr. Eveline Soekilah. The Sisters lived in a small, simple home with the children near the clinic they had started. On the 8th of December in 1959 the home had it’s first formal Blessing. By 1970 the number of children had grown to 70. At that time, not all of the children stayed at the Orphanage. About 30 of the children lived at the Orphanage and the rest stayed with their families. On March 15th of 1998 the Orphanage became known as “SIDHI ASTU” as they received their certificate from the Indonesian government. After so many years of operation, a large number of people have come to know about this well established Orphanage. Some visit only once but many have returned with each of their visits to Bali.
There are four Franciscan Sisters that run the Orphanage now with the help of both paid as well as volunteer staff. The current Sisters are Sr. Clemcia, Sr. Hubertine Ni Wayan Rika, Sr. Angelina Sr. Mutwani and Sr. Corry Artuti.
CONTACT The Bali Orphanage directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call them at:
+62 361 7473827
This website was created for and donated to The Bali Orphanage by “Give Jewelry” – an online bracelet store that supports orphanages throughout Indonesia. www.givebracelets.com
- Orphan Advocacy in Haiti (adoptedbydesign.typepad.com)
- Medical Student donates to Nkwatia Orphanage (ghananewsagency.org)
- Volunteering at The Love Company Orphanage!!! (daniweb.com)